Famous Last Words

After yet another week of missing a deadline for this class, I have finally changed my work schedule. Two nights a week for homework was not cutting it, especially not with Capstone ramping up. I love the reading assignments, yet find myself consistently failing to set aside time for story creation. That's my favorite part of the class! No more. Goals going forward:

Write stories!
Don't start at the last minute!
Prioritize what matters most!

I want to give my project more time than anything else in the class, but I really need to focus on each weekly story for the blog too: that's equivalent to sharpening the pencil before jumping into the meat and bones of the course for me. I also regret not getting a chance to use the story ideas from each reading assignment whenever I can't squeeze in writing a story for the week.

I've spent FAR more time than I expected playing with Twine for my project, but I've learned so much that I don't see this as wasted time. When I was little my parents would make up books, flashcards, adventure stories to entertain my siblings and myself... I myself now have technologically gifted nephews now who are at the cusp of reading. Twine-based stories? For kids? The possibilities are endless.

Reading this week was delightful, with plenty of origin stories and even a chance to learn about the Native American Indian history of my hometown. I'm bummed that I didn't get around to writing a story telling how gar and snapping turtle took the identity of alligator, but there's always next week. I might be able to recycle some of the unused story ideas later on. 

THIS WEEK
No more work/school doubles! To actually have time to do my homework, albeit risking my fiscal independence in the process. It's senior year. I spent this long without any debt, and a little bit at the very very end isn't going to kill me. I'd rather give my best here on out than risk mediocre performance, especially in my major classes with the inevitable request for grad school recommendations looming.  


Almost there.

Comments