Learning Challenge: Time


With midterms finally over, I've taken this week to review where I'm at in this class and what steps I need to take to finish by Dead Week. I'm not going to push to finish early - My senior capstone project is approaching the apex of maximum work required, and I'd rather give that as much time as necessary then clean up the rest of what's due here. My other classes will actually all finish early this semester, so as long as I stick to the core assignments I will be fine. The Wikipedia trails are so much fun, and I do at least one every other week (usually to research whatever is happening in the Storybook project area of focus). I'm completely ok with this being the only course left to finish in December! That also means I can tweak my project up even more and really tie things together. Last semester's project wasn't finished as well as it could have been, and I'd like to really play with alternate endings in the Twine story.

As I have dead time between classes on campus Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings, I sometimes use the grace period on purpose because I know I'll have a solid couple of hours to finish up any remaining reading and knock out those reading note assignments. This may not be ideal, but it works much better than cramming them in after I stagger home from work at 11pm and have to be up at 5:30 the next morning. So, I'm going to probably stick with that part of the schedule, and I'll be trying to get extra time in early on weekends before work starts in the morning for comments and feedback.

Things look good, and while I may not be perfectly on track, I only need about 10 EC points (and a little work during Thanksgiving break). Also, my GRE exam is on the 29th of this month, so I don't mind not finishing early here if I can spend extra time cramming.

Hourglass image: Tenor

Comments